Thursday, April 21, 2016

What's Making Me Happy This Week



// Listening to my new Lucius record Wildewoman. We saw them in Michigan two years ago. I ordered this and their new album, the latter accidentally as a CD rather than record.

//  I don't put a lot of thought into which movies and shows are incorporated in the viewing cycle but Penguins of Madagascar is on Netflix and the girls love it. This 'Dibble me' scene cracks me up:



Clem is long way away from understanding plot and characters... despite having seen The Little Mermaid at least 20 times, when Ariel and Eric kiss at their wedding she exclaims: Ariel has two daddies!    Ummmmm...

She donned her superhero cape* the other day and started zooming around saying I'm a superhero! Save the day! I'm a superhero! I'm a boy!


ALL STOP.


Clearly we need to watch more movies that involve crushing rather than reinforcing the patriarchy. Mulan?

// My new Fitbit Blaze. My old Fitbit died, giving me the opportunity to buy this watch. I love it so far! I wanted text and calendar notifications (to keep me off my phone) and fitness info because I love toys and me and this is a toy all about me! The most important thing I've learned from it so far is that I've averaged only 5 hours and 40 minutes of sleep per night this week. Terrible! Getting up early for iron class worsens this sleep debt but I think the overall benefit of intense exercise (I deadlifted 95 lb 96 times this morning! [6 rounds of 16 repetitions] is worth it.

*these capes are the cutest thing ever aaaaaaand I'll probably buy two sets of these wings soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment